Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community that transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.
What began in 1950 as Central Christian College (with an enrollment of 97) has grown into a comprehensive Christian university serving more than 2,000 students. Affiliated with the churches of Christ, Oklahoma Christian welcomes all students who respect the university's commitment to academic and spiritual excellence and who respect the academic and spiritual pursuits of their fellow students.
Location & Campus
OC's 200 plus-acre campus is located in northeast Oklahoma City, the state capital of Oklahoma. The university borders the city of Edmond. Students enjoy the academic, cultural and recreational benefits of a big city in a safe and comfortable suburban atmosphere.
- Named a “Best University-Master’s” in the western region in U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.”
- Designated by The Princeton Review as a Best Western College.
- Named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
- Gaming and animation program selected as one of the top 30 undergraduate programs by The Princeton Review and PC Gamer.
- One of only two members of the CCCU with ABET accreditation for three engineering programs.
- National History Honor Society chapter named a “Best Chapter” among all U.S. universities with 3,000 or fewer students for 17 straight years.
Other Academic Points of Pride
- 2nd highest state education certification exam pass rate in Oklahoma.
- 88% of classes/course sections have fewer than 30 students.
- 90% graduate and law school placement rate for OC language and literature graduates.
- 90% job placement rate for OC communication design (graphic design) graduates.
- 95% job placement rate for OC interior design graduates.
- 95% medical and graduate school placement rates for OC biology graduates.
- 100% of OC history and political science graduates who applied to history or political science graduate programs or to law school have been accepted in the last five years.
- 100% graduate school acceptance rate for OC Honors Program graduates the past four years.
- Oklahoma Christian University: Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- School of Business Administration: Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- School of Education: National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- School of Engineering: ABET
- Department of Music: National Association of Schools of Music
- Nursing Program: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Accreditation
- Interior Design Program: Council for Interior Design Accreditation
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Christian Higher Education Foundation
- Oklahoma Independent Colleges and Universities
- 112 full-time faculty.
- 100 percent Christian.
- Most faculty hold terminal degrees.
- 13-to-1 undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio.
- 88 percent of classes contain fewer than 30 students.
Undergraduate Areas of Study
14 academic departments operate in one of three colleges (academic divisions): the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Biblical Studies, and the College of Professional Studies. Students choose from more than 60 majors and 30 additional areas of study.
Graduate Areas of Study
Graduate degrees include the Master of Arts in Ministry, the Master of Divinity, the Master of Business Administration, and the Master of Science in Engineering.
The Tom & Ada Beam Library contains more than 110,000 books and media, almost 30,000 electronic books, and access to more than 8,000 periodicals in electronic or print format.
- Every full-time student receives a MacBook Air laptop computer.
- Wireless Internet access throughout campus.
- Information Technology's Help Desk provides more than 60 hours per week of staffed office hours plus 24/7 online support. IT responds to support requests with same-day resolution in most cases.
Student Demographics & Enrollment (Updated Sept. 2012)
- Total Students Enrolled: 2,271
- Undergraduate: 1,910
- Graduate: 361
- 52.6% men, 47.4% women
- Countries represented: 48
- States represented: 50
- Undergraduate students from:
- Oklahoma: 37%
- Texas: 22%
- Kansas: 4%
- Colorado: 4%
- California: 3%
- Washington: 2%
- Missouri: 2%
- Oregon: 1%
- Other states and countries: 23%
- Undergraduate ethnic minorities: 25%
- 60 student organizations.
- Almost 1,000 students compete in 16 intramural sports.
- 80 percent of students live on campus.
- Recently completed $34 million housing project. Almost 1,800 living spaces available on campus in 11 residence halls and nine apartment complexes; more than 850 new or renovated spaces available.
Study Abroad Opportunities
- 20 study abroad and off-campus learning options, including the following institutional programs:
- European Fall Program
- Pacific Rim Fall Program
- European Summer Program
- HonduraServe Healthcare Missions Program
- Ibaraki (Japan) Long-Term Exchange
- Korea Long-Term Exchange
- Latin American Program
- About 120 students participate in study abroad programs each year.
- 25 percent of graduating seniors have participated in a study abroad program.
Service & Missions
- More than 1,100 undergraduate students (60 percent) involved in ongoing service and ministry opportunities.
- More than 40 student service and ministry opportunities.
- 500 students, faculty, and staff members participate in mission opportunities each year. Some countries served include Australia, Austria, China, Croatia, Germany, Ghana, Honduras, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Rwanda, Switzerland, and the United States.
Athletics & Scholar-Athletes
- OC has been accepted into the membership process for NCAA Division II and competes in the NCAA's Heartland Conference and in the National Christian College Athletic Association, which will provide postseason opportunities during the NCAA Division II membership process.
- More than 250 students participate in 12 sports, including baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, and track and field.
- OC won 45 NAIA national championships, including the 2003 and 2012 men’s tennis titles, the 2009 and 2011 men’s golf championships, the 2011 men’s cross country title, and many individual and relay crowns in track and field.
- 26 of OC's national championships have come in the past five years, including the 2012 NCCAA team titles in men's cross country and men's golf, and the 2012 NCCAA individual championship in men's golf.
- Placed in the top 10 in the Directors' Cup national all-sports standings the last three years.
- 3.2 cumulative GPA for the entire athletic department.
- 96 percent of undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid.
Scholarships and grants
- Institutional: $15,069,317
- Federal: $2,451,905
- State: $742,642
- Other external awards: $1,467,368
- Student Loans: $8,487,076
- Parent Loans: $3,420,284
- Work Study: $939,862
Costs (per year, 2012-13)
- Tuition: $18,800
- Room and Board: $6,175
- Note: Oklahoma Christian does not charge student fees. Click here for more information on OC's commitment to affordability
Visit or Send Packages
2501 East Memorial Road
Edmond, OK 73013
Click here to download our University Profile as a PDF document.