Mission Statement: Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community that transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.
OC is an academic hub nestled within the capital of Oklahoma. Its 200-acre campus, bordering the suburb of Edmond, provides students with the unparalleled benefits of a big city while maintaining a safe and supportive environment. OC fosters a stimulating learning environment that nurtures intellectual growth and personal development, while its vibrant cultural scene offers a myriad of extracurricular activities and events.
OC's educational reach extends far beyond its home campus, offering students a multitude of learning opportunities worldwide. Expand your horizons through study abroad programs, or pursue your academic goals in Rwanda. No matter where your journey takes you, OC is committed to providing an exceptional educational experience preparing you for a life of purpose and impact.
What began in 1950 as Central Christian College (with an enrollment of 97) has grown into a comprehensive Christian university serving 2,200 students. Affiliated with the churches of Christ, OC welcomes all students who respect the university's commitment to academic and spiritual excellence and who respect the academic and spiritual pursuits of their fellow students.
Mascot & Colors
OC’s “Eagles” athletic mascot originated in 1952-53, two years after the founding of the school as a junior college. Isaiah 40:31 has served as a theme verse through the years: “Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Young and old fans alike enjoy seeing “Ike” the Eagle in costume at campus sporting events. OC’s official colors of maroon and silver gray were selected by vote of the student body.
- Named to the “Colleges of Distinction” best colleges list-an organization recognizing excellent institutions with four overarching distinctions-student engagement, teaching, community and outcomes.
- Named a “Best University-Master’s” in the western region in U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.”
- Designated by The Princeton Review as a Best Western College.
- Gaming and animation program selected as one of the top 50 undergraduate programs by The Princeton Review and PC Gamer and named a top 10 program by Los Angeles based 80 Level-a leading industry websites for game developers.
The undergraduate computer engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. (One of just five members of 111-school Council for Christian Colleges and Universities with ABET accreditation for three programs).
- Best Value Nursing, Business, Engineering and Education programs according to Colleges of Distinction.
- Marketing degree ranked #18 in the nation according to Study.com.
- Best Online MBA for Project Management according to Best Colleges.Accounting program named 2019 Best for the Money in Oklahoma.
- #2 Best Marketing College for the Money in Oklahoma according to College Factual.
- Best Total Package College in Oklahoma according to Zippia.
- Oklahoma Christian University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, http://www.hlcommission.org / 800.621.7440
- College of Business Administration: Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- College of Engineering and Computer Science: The computer engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- School of Education: National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- School of Nursing: The baccalaureate degree program in nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. http://www.ccneaccreditation.org
- Medical Laboratory Science: the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- Department of Music: National Association of Schools of Music
- Interior Architecture Program: Council for Interior Design Accreditation
- The graduate theology programs: the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Christian Higher Education Foundation
- Oklahoma Independent Colleges and Universities
- 168 faculty members.
- 100 percent Christian.
- 13-to-1 undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio.
- 83% of classes contain fewer than 30 students.
- 248 full-time employees
- 135 part-time employees
- 432 work/study students
Graduate Areas of Study
Graduate degrees include the Master of Accountancy, the Master of Business Administration, the Master of Science in Computer Science (including a focus in cybersecurity), the Master of Science in Engineering, the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry, the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Christianity & Culture and the Master of Theological Studies.
The Tom & Ada Beam Library (or Beam Library) contains more than 150,000 volumes and media, 65,000 plus electronic books and access to more than 42,000 periodicals in electronic or print format. The Beam Library is also actively engaged in retaining and preserving materials for the Restoration History special collection to preserve the legacy of the Stone-Campbell Movement and the history of the churches of Christ. In partnership with the Museum of the Bible, the Beam Library houses and maintains The Sofer Collection, a special collection of books and other published material on Jewish history, culture, faith, and traditions available for use within the library.
- Apple Distinguished Program recognition.
- Wireless Internet access throughout campus.
- Information Technology's Help Desk provides more than 60 hours per week of staffed office hours plus 24/7 online support. IT responds to support requests with same-day resolution in most cases.
Student Demographics & Enrollment Fall 2020
- Total Students Enrolled: 2,153
- Undergraduate: 1,700
- Graduate: 321
- Other: 132
- 49% women, 51% men
- Countries represented: 45
- States represented: 44
- Undergraduate students from:
- Oklahoma: 55%
- Texas: 23%
- Kansas 3%
- Colorado: 2%
- Missouri: 2%
- California: 2%
- Arkansas 2%
- Washington: 1.5%
- Other states and countries: 9.5%
- Undergraduate ethnic minorities: 33%
Graduation and Retention Rates
|Year||1st Year Retention||Year||6-Year Graduation|
- 68 student organizations.
- Almost 1,000 students compete in 13 intramural sports.
- 50% of undergraduate students join one of ten social service clubs (Greek life).
- More than 73% of students live on campus.
- $34 million housing project completed in the last decade. 1,700 living spaces available on campus in 11 residence halls and 6 apartment complexes; more than 850 new or renovated spaces available.
- Active diversity programming, Imago Dei.
- 24/7/365 campus police security on duty.
- Staffed Counseling Center for OC students.
Spiritual Life, Missions & Service
- Innovative “Ethos” spiritual life program encouraging student participation in five spiritual disciplines: worship, servanthood, discovery, discipleship and community. More than 2,800 total Ethos events each year. Students led 57 percent of our spiritual life events, 58 percent are community events and 26 percent are service.
- More than 1,100 undergraduate students, 60 percent, involved in service and ministry opportunities.
- About 1,000 students, faculty, and staff members participate in mission opportunities each year. Some countries served include Australia, Austria, China, Croatia, Germany, Ghana, Honduras, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Rwanda, Switzerland and the United States.
Study Abroad Opportunities
- Over 150 students participate in study abroad programs each year.
- 24% of graduating seniors have participated in a study abroad program.
- 20 study abroad and off-campus learning options, including the following institutional programs:
- European Fall, Spring and Summer Programs at OC’s campus, Das Millicanhaus in Vienna, Austria
- Vienna Institute of Music
- First Class in Vienna
- Asian Studies Summer Program
- HonduraServe Healthcare Missions Program
- Ibaraki (Japan) Long-Term Exchange
- Korea Long-Term Exchange
- Shakespeare Study program in Canada
- CCCU Best Semester Programs
Athletics & Scholar-Athletes
- OC is a member of NCAA Division II and competes in the Lone Star Conference
- Almost 400 student-athletes in 21 sports: baseball; men’s/women’s basketball; men’s/women’s bowling; men’s/women’s cross country; men’s/women’s golf; men’s/women’s soccer; softball; men’s/women’s swimming; and men’s/women’s indoor and outdoor track and field, women's volleyball, men's/coed Ultimate and cheer/stunt.
- 58 national championships
- Four teams that achieved NCAA Division II regional rankings in 2018-19, including one (women’s golf) that qualified for the Division II Championship event and two (men’s golf and softball) that won Heartland Conference titles
- 3.07 cumulative GPA for the entire athletic department in 2018-19
- 12 Academic All-America awards received by OC student-athletes since the university began competing in Division II in 2012-13
- 95 percent of undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid.
- 790 OC students benefited from $809k CARES Act funding.
Scholarships & Grants (2019-2020)
- Institutional: $19,349,417
- Federal: $2,002,562
- State: $651,250
- Other external awards: $2,415,923
- Student Loans: $6,918,283
- Parent Loans: $3,088,848
- Work Study 2018-2019: $1,046,313
Costs Per-Year 2020-21
- Average cost of tuition, housing, meals and fees after financial aid: $19,791
- Tuition rates are frozen for the 2021-22 school year.
- Undergraduate tuition & fees before scholarships and aid: $25,090
- Average cost of housing & meals: $7,900
- For a complete list of undergraduate expenses please see our cost page or for graduate expenses, go here.
Oklahoma Christian University
2501 E. Memorial Road
Edmond, OK 73013-5525
To Send Packages & Overnight Service through UPS, Fed Ex, & USPS
Student's Full Name
Student Mail Box #
Oklahoma Christian University
2501 E. Memorial Road
Edmond, OK 73013-5525