Institutional Review Board
Oklahoma Christian University has established an Institutional Review Board (IRB) to review all proposed research involving human subjects to ensure that the subjects' rights and welfare are adequately protected.
The IRB is composed primarily of faculty members from disciplines in which research involving human subjects is integral to that discipline's work, as well as two members from the community whose primary interests are non-scientific. The human subjects review process is administered through the Office of Academic Affairs. Researchers are REQUIRED to comply with the Oklahoma Christian University “Procedures for Review of Human Subjects Research” (below).
Download all IRB documents
This download contains Word files (.DOCX) of all IRB policies, procedures, frequently asked questions, and necessary forms to perform human research at Oklahoma Christian University.
Download a specific document
- Appendix 1: Application for Exempt Research
- Appendix 2: Human Subject Research Review Application Form
- Appendix 3: Human Subjects Research Progress Report Form
- Appendix 4: Human Subjects Research Close Out Report
- Appendix 5: Informed Consent Document (Sample)
- Appendix 6: Informed Consent Check List
- Appendix 7: Request for Waiver of Consent
- Appendix 8: Drugs, Agents, and Devices Form
- Appendix 9: Biological Material Form
- Appendix 10: Adverse Event Reporting Form
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) About Human Subjects Research at OC
- OC Procedures for the Review of Human Subjects Research
- OC Research Using Humans Policy
- Directions for Student Projects Involving Human Subject Research