Transfer of Credit
Post-Enrollment Transfer Credit
Students who are enrolled at OC may receive credit for courses taken at another institution, subject to the following restriction:
- Obtain written approval on a Transfer Request Form before registering for the courses at another institution.
- Approval for courses within the major must come from the Department Chair for that major
- Approval for general education courses must come from the Registrar
- Students may not take more than 15 hours of transfer credit
Limitation of Transfer Credit
- Once a student begins at OC he or she may not transfer in more than 15 hours of credit to count toward graduation, of which no more than 6 hours of his or her major can be transferred back to OC. Transfer credit in the major must be approved by the students major department, as explained above.
- Specific departments may have additional transfer restrictions.
- Only credit from a regionally accredited college or university will be accepted as transfer credit.
- Technical or vocational credits are not eligible for transfer and may not, therefore, be used to satisfy degree requirements.
- Current OC students must have transfer credit approved prior to enrolling in a class away from the OC campus. A Transfer Request Form is available online and in the Registrar's Office.
- A course may not be taken at another college or university to replace a grade for any course that has been taken at OC.
Transfer credit will be accepted from regionally-accredited colleges and universities upon approval of the Registrar. A maximum of 65 semester hours from community/junior colleges may be applied toward degree requirements. Some course work from unaccredited colleges may be validated through credit by examination.
Transferring classes to OC
Courses taken at regionally-accredited colleges and universities will be accepted for credit at OC. These may or may not fulfill specific requirements depending on the courses taken.
Prior to taking a course at another university to fulfill a requirement, you must fill out a transfer approval form. A core curriculum course must be approved by the Registrar. A course within the major must be approved by the dean or department chair, then the Registrar. A course may not be taken at another college or university to replace a grade for any course that has been taken at OC.
A Transfer Release Form is required for students transferring from another U.S. college or university. It must be signed by the applicant and completed by the current institution that holds the student's current I-20 record. Please note that students must hold legal status in the United States to be eligible for admission.
Transfer course approval form
Air Force ROTC Credit
You have a unique opportunity to join Air Force Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (AFROTC) while attending Oklahoma Christian. A cooperative agreement exists between OC and the University of Oklahoma (OU) that exempts OC students from paying most fees and insurance at OU. Basically, the only cost to you is for the AFROTC credit hour(s). AFROTC classes meet on the OU campus, which is approximately 45 minutes from OC. AFROTC offers a variety of scholarships in computer science, engineering, and other majors that you can pursue at OC. After completion of the degree and the AFROTC program, you will be commissioned as an officer in the United States Air Force and also have a guaranteed job after graduation. For more information, contact the University of Oklahoma.
Army ROTC Credit
Two-, three-, and four-year programs are available to you through a cooperative agreement between Oklahoma Christian and the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO). This allows you to commute to UCO and attend Army ROTC classes while continuing to pursue your degree at OC. Through the Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC), the Department of Military Science offers two programs. After completion of the degree and the ROTC program, you will be commissioned as an officer in the United States Army, the Army Reserves, or the Army National Guard. For more information, contact UCO.