Get On The List
Add yourself to a class waitlist during Registration in myOC.
Check Email Daily
You'll be notified by email IF a seat becomes available in the class.
Register for Class
Register in myOC for the waitlisted class before the deadline
What is Waitlisting?
Waitlisting is a process where a student can "wait in line" electronically for classes that have met their set maximum enrollment (closed).
Being on a waitlist does NOT guarantee registration in the class.
- Your position on a class waitlist is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration from a waitlist is not automatic. Check your email daily; if you receive a notification, you will have to login to myOC and register within 24 hours or lose your position on the waitlist.
- Check your holds in myOC. With most holds, you will be unable to add yourself to a class or register from a waitlist - even if you have received a notification.
- Be considerate and remove yourself from a waitlist if you no longer want the class.
- For more information, see the "Waitlist How To" on myOC.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.