The following requirements are for those persons who hold a bachelor’s degree in the discipline in which the license is sought.
10 hours required
- EDUC-3122 School in American Culture
- EDUC-3131 Classroom Management Strategies
- EDUC-3213 Learning, Instruction, and Assessment
- EDUC-3421 Educational Technology
- EDUC-3723 Education of the Exceptional Child
3 hours appropriate methods course
5 hours from the program that houses the licensure
Exceptions may be granted through the approval of the Chair of the School of Education. A student who has been denied admission to Teacher Education or who has lost admission status will not be approved for alternative certification.