B.S. Degree in Graphic Design
This major is for the person wanting a general background in art or a vocation in the field of art and its related industries.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Graphic Design with a Marketing minor will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to scholarship, creative expression, and independent thought.
- Demonstrate effective visual problem solving skills.
- Produce an organized, coherent body of work and critically defend it.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of art/design history, genres, movements, and practitioners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of faith in his or her personal creative expression.
- Analyze and respond to personal experience, professional standards, ethics, and global perspectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate peer and professional work in his or her discipline.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
6 Hours core
- ARTS 1413 Elements of Visual Thinking
- ARTS-3773 Business of Branding Yourself
3 Hours chosen from
- ARTS-1113 Fundamentals of Drawing
- ARTS-1213 Figure Drawing
30 Hours communication design
- ARTS-2223 Introduction to Graphic Design
- ARTS-2233 Typography as Visual Language
- ARTS-3243 Graphic Design
- ARTS-3253 Print+Digital Delivery Design
- ARTS-3263 Advanced Graphic Design
- ARTS-3323 Conceptual Illustration
- ARTS-3333 History of Design
- ARTS-3513 Graphic Arts Production
- ARTS-4253 Integrated Marketing Design
- ARTS-4523 Visual Storytelling
12 Hours digital design
- ARTS-1103 Digital Imaging I
- ARTS-2243 Interactive Media Design I
- ARTS-2323 Digital Imaging II
- ARTS-3443 Interactive Media Design II
* Suggested minors
- Writing (copywriting and content writing)
- Communication Studies (videography and photography)
- Gaming and Animation
Take Art and Culture to fulfill the Great Works Core Curriculum requirement.