B.S. Degree in Graphic Design
This major is for the person wanting a general background in art or a vocation in the field of art and its related industries.
An OC graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Graphic Design with a Marketing minor will:
1. Demonstrate a commitment to scholarship, creative expression, and independent thought.
2. Demonstrate effective visual problem solving skills.
3. Produce an organized, coherent body of work and critically defend it.
4. Demonstrate a working understanding of art/design history, genres, movements, and practitioners.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the role of faith in his or her personal creative expression.
6. Analyze and respond to personal experience, professional standards, ethics, and global perspectives. 7. Demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate peer and professional work in his or her discipline.
Student must complete a minimum of 126 hours including the major, core, and minor if required. Elective hours may be needed to reach 126 hours.
6 Hours core
- ARTS 1413 Elements of Visual Thinking
- ARTS-3773 Business of Branding Yourself
3 Hours chosen from
- ARTS-1113 Fundamentals of Drawing
- ARTS-1213 Figure Drawing
30 Hours communication design
- ARTS-2223 Introduction to Graphic Design
- ARTS-2233 Typography as Visual Language
- ARTS-3243 Graphic Design
- ARTS-3253 Print+Social Media Design
- ARTS-3263 Advanced Graphic Design
- ARTS-3323 Illustration I
- ARTS-3333 History of Design
- ARTS-3513 Graphic Arts Production
- ARTS-4253 Integrated Marketing Design
- ARTS-4523 Illustration II
12 Hours digital design
- ARTS-1103 Technology for Graphics
- ARTS-2243 Interactive Media Design I
- ARTS-2323 Digital Design for Print
- ARTS-3443 Interactive Media Design II
* Suggested minors
- Writing (copywriting and content writing)
- Communication Studies (videography and photography)
- Gaming and Animation
Take Art and Culture to fulfill the Great Works Core Curriculum requirement.