Love Your Neighbor
As we navigate life together through the next phases of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ll continue to lean into Jesus’ call to Love Your Neighbor. We’ll hold space and grace for one another as we respond to both everyday and extraordinary challenges with “one another” top of mind.
What About Masks?
Masks are optional. Vaccinated Eagles and guests are welcome to fly mask-free. Others are encouraged to wear masks and practice healthy distancing.
What About Vaccines?
Students are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to get vaccinated! The readiness team has set a goal of 80%. We want to see 80% of the student body fully vaccinated by the start of classes on Thursday, August 5.
Already been vaccinated? Great! Current students, update your immunization information on the annual Health and Wellness form on MyOC. New students, login into your admissions portal to access the form. It will ask you to confirm or update your health insurance information, emergency contacts, etc. It also includes a box for you to indicate the date you were fully vaccinated.
Haven’t been vaccinated yet? Find a source in your hometown then update the Health and Wellness form. International students - OC will host a vaccine clinic on campus in early August so watch your inbox for additional information.
Remember, you’ll want to be fully vaccinated when classes start on August 5. Our campus partners have come through with some exciting incentives! All fully vaccinated Eagles will be included in a drawing with the following prizes up for grabs:
- Ten $1000 housing discounts courtesy of Residence Life (on campus residents only)
- Two free fall semester meal plans courtesy of UDining
- One Xbox Series X
- One Xbox Series S
- Two AirPods Pro
- Three $100 gift cards to the Campus Store courtesy of Slingshot
Watch your inbox for additional information, including the fine print surrounding incentives (pro-tip...make sure you have access to your vaccine card!). In the meantime, update that Health and Wellness form!
What About Events?
Campus events - including Baugh Chapel and other large Ethos gatherings - will resume this fall with no restrictions.
What About COVID-19 Testing?
We’ll continue to have rapid COVID-19 testing available on campus for students, faculty and staff.
- Remember, OC’s COVID-19 Campus Readiness Team will meet regularly and will continue to monitor the very latest pandemic information and will make updated recommendations as necessary.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please, please stay home.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, your readiness team encourages you to isolate off-campus if you live within driving distance. On campus accommodations will be available, of course, if isolating off campus isn’t an option for you!
- If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive and you have been vaccinated, you will not be required to quarantine.
- If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive and you have NOT been vaccinated, you will be required to quarantine for ten days or until testing negative no earlier than the sixth day post exposure. Your readiness team encourages you to quarantine off-campus if you live within driving distance. On campus accommodations will be available, of course, if quarantining off campus isn’t an option for you!
- OC partner Total Wellness will host a vaccine clinic in early August for international students who need to be vaccinated. Other students can participate but, remember, we’re strongly recommending you be fully vaccinated before returning.