Scope of Service
As a university mental health service, Oklahoma Christian’s University Counseling Center (UCC) is equipped to meet a range of unique needs presented by college students.
Committed to delivering quality care, the professionals at Oklahoma Christian’s University Counseling Center provide a range of short-term mental health services to undergraduate and graduate students.
The Counseling Center staff cares about the wellbeing of every Oklahoma Christian student. All students are welcome to schedule an initial assessment to discuss their concerns with a staff member.
Oklahoma Christian’s University Counseling Center provides a wide range of therapeutic interventions for Oklahoma Christian students. When a student’s needs require a more intensive level of care, Oklahoma Christian University Counseling Center partners with the student to transition to resources within the community.
Situations that may require a transition of care include:
- A need, or request, to be seen more than once a week for individual therapy.
- A need, or request, for uninterrupted individual services from semester to semester.
- A need, or request, for treatment modality not provided by UCC staff.
- A need, or request, to be seen differently than what is clinically recommended.
- Presence of one or more of the following, such that the best treatment would be an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or higher level of care:
- Alcohol and Other Drug Addiction
- Eating disorders
- Chronic thoughts and/or attempts of self-injury and/or suicide
- Request for:
- Psychological testing or evaluations to attain accommodations through Student Success and Disability Services
- Documentation for an emotional support animal
Oklahoma Christian’s University Counseling Center is well connected with resources on Oklahoma Christian’s campus and in the Oklahoma City community, and the staff works with students to determine the most effective levels of care for their needs. Our goal is to identify the needs of our students and connect them to the appropriate service.