Welcome, New Students!
We want to again welcome you to your home away from home. We’re so excited you’re here! Whether you’re from down the street or out of the country, we are here to help you get comfortable with life at OC.
Before we get into the logistics of reserving a room, it is important that we ensure you’ve completed the admissions process. If you haven’t applied and been accepted, please contact the Office of Admissions at 405.425.5050 and they will be happy to help get you started!
How to reserve a room:
- Be ADMITTED to OC
- Pay the $250 enrollment deposit
- Complete the housing application which will be available 48 hours after payment has been made.
If you’ve already completed the admissions process, then you’re ready for step 3!
- Begin the housing application by visiting here.
- Housing Login Information: Your login information will be the email address (username) and password that you submitted to Admissions when you first applied to OC. If you do not remember that information please contact their office at (405) 425.5050.
Once logged into Self-Service, go to the left side of the page and find the "Applications & Forms" tab. Click here to access your application.
Read over the Housing Agreement and sign your name to begin your housing application.Receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org stating that we have received and approved your application.
Fall Semester Applicants:
- Placements will be made the summer before your first semester. Our system will automatically assign you a room based on your housing preferences and roommate group (if applicable).
- You will receive housing assignment and roommate information in the third week of July.
Spring Semester Applicants:
- Placements will be made the winter before your first semester. Our system will automatically assign you a room based on your housing preferences and roommate group (if applicable).
- You will receive housing assignment and roommate information in the second week of December.
Helpful Housing Guide
- Do you have someone you are wanting to room with this fall? Learn how to create a roommate group, by clicking here. Please note that the deadline to create a roommate group is June 31st.
- Learn more about our Freshman Residence Halls.
- Having trouble completing the housing application? Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to complete the application.
- Needing to know what to pack? Check out our College Packing Checklist or OCM's Linens and Bedding site for discounted bedding and dorm room furnishings.
If at any point in this process you change your mind and want to cancel your housing application please contact the Office of Admissions at (405) 425.5050.
Housing opens to all students the Saturday before classes start. We encourage all new and incoming transfer students move in on this date to ensure they are settled before Earn Your Wings!
Checking In: Saturday, January 4
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Contact your Resident Director in your area to schedule a time to check-in. Find contact information here.
- Gain key card or key access to your room.
- Meet your Residence Hall Staff in the lobby area of your building.
- Be directed to your room or apartment.
- Complete your online room condition form.
Checking In: Saturday
- Saturday, January 4 - Sunday, January 5: By appointment only. Contact your staff to make arrangements.
- Arrive at your specific building’s main lobby. Residence Life staff will be available in the main lobby’s ready to check you in and show you to your room!
- Arrive in the Nowlin Center if you are living in Phase 3 or 4. Your Residence Life staff will check you in there!
- If you are living in Phase 5 or 6, you should check-in with your Residence Life staff at the Phase 6 Community Center.
Your First Week
If you have any questions about your upcoming school year at Oklahoma Christian University, feel free to contact our Residence Life staff (email@example.com) and they will be happy to help you!