It’s already time for you to choose your housing for next year, and we couldn’t be more excited! We know we have the whole summer ahead of us, but we love move in day. So, let’s make sure you’re prepared.
Complete your housing application during the week assigned to you.
If you do not complete it on time, you will likely have a room automatically assigned to you - meaning you don’t get to choose. So, complete the application on time!
You can view step-by-step instructions or follow the steps below.
- Visit here
- On Self-Service on the left side of the page click on Applications & Forms
- Read the Housing Agreement and agree to the agreement by signing your name.
- Complete and submit the housing application
- Receive an email from email@example.com confirming we have received and accepted your application.
Additional Instructions for Current Apartment Residents
Depending on your answer to “Reserving Your Current Bed Space,” you can find instructions below on how to proceed.
If you select “Yes” and DO NOT create a roommate group and do not plan to create a roommate group:
- Pre-enroll in classes and your room selection process is complete.
- You do not have to select housing, as your room has been reserved for you.
- Your roommates do have to do the same or that space becomes available to other students.
If you select “Yes” and DO create a roommate group or plan to create a roommate group:
- This only reserves your current bed space, not the whole apartment. If you want to form a roommate group, you will need to create a roommate group and move onto Step #2 and Step #4.
- You and your roommate group will be included in the housing selection process and you will select an apartment during this time.
- If your roommate does not match the occupancy size of the room, you will either find another room to select or leave the roommate group and stay in your current apartment.
If you select “No”:
- Move on to form your roommate group, if applicable. If you do not want to create a roommate group, you will move onto Step #2 and then Step #4.
Pre-enroll for classes as soon as your open enrollment period begins.
By the way, you cannot select fall housing until you have pre-enrolled for classes, so make sure to do that ASAP! If you need help, contact the Registrar’s Office.
Fall Pre-Enrollment Schedule:
- March 30: Graduate Students and Graduating Seniors
- March 31 - April 1: All other Seniors
- April 2 - 3: All Juniors
- April 6 - 7: All Sophomore
- April 8 - 9: All Freshman
Create a roommate group if you have friends you’d like to room with in the fall!
Make sure that you create your roommate group before you select your housing. Keep in mind that while you can adjust the group as you go, it will affect your selection time and room options.
Note: If you want to live in the apartments, everyone in your roommate group must qualify to live in the apartments.
Group leader checklist:
- Only you can favorite rooms and select the room for your entire roommate group. Your group members will not be able to select or favorite a room.
- Make sure your entire group is pre-enrolled in classes. If everyone is not enrolled, you cannot select a room.
- Make sure you are available to select a room during the selection time you are given from Residence Life. If you will not be available, get with another one of your group members and make them the leader. See “Roommate Group” instructions for details on how to change leaders.
- Your roommate group must match the apartment or room occupancy. If you are unable to match the occupancy, you may have to adjust your group. Ex. If you are in a roommate group of 4, you will not be able to view or select a room that holds only 3 students.
- Star your groups favorite rooms once selection process opens. See “Housing Selection” instructions for details.
Group member checklist:
- Be confident in your group leader.
- Only your Group Leader can favorite and select rooms. Make sure your Group Leader is available to select the room at the start time your group is given. If not, you will need to change your leader!
- Everyone in the roommate group MUST be pre-enrolled in classes in order for your roommate group to be valid during housing selection. Even if one of your group members is not pre-enrolled in classes, the system will not allow anyone in the group to select a room.
- Once housing selection begins, changes can still be made to your roommate group, but it will affect your selection time and room options.
It is time to select your housing!
You or your roommate group will be assigned a specific selection start time and date to select housing. Make sure everyone in your group has completed all the steps so this part of the process moves smoothly!