Transfer of Credit
Post-Enrollment Transfer Credit
Students who are enrolled at OC may receive credit for courses taken at another institution, subject to the following restriction:
- Obtain written approval on a Transfer Request Form before registering for the courses at another institution.
- Approval for courses within the major must come from the Department Chair for that major
- Approval for general education courses must come from the Registrar
- Students may not take more than 15 hours of transfer credit
Limitation of Transfer Credit
- Once a student begins at OC he or she may not transfer in more than 15 hours of credit to count toward graduation, of which no more than 6 hours of his or her major can be transferred back to OC. Transfer credit in the major must be approved by the studentâ€™s major department, as explained above.
- Specific departments may have additional transfer restrictions.
- Only credit from a regionally accredited college or university will be accepted as transfer credit.
- Technical or vocational credits are not eligible for transfer and may not, therefore, be used to satisfy degree requirements.
- Current OC students must have transfer credit approved prior to enrolling in a class away from the OC campus. A Transfer Request Form is available online and in the Registrarâ€™s Office.
- A course may not be taken at another college or university to replace a grade for any course that has been taken at OC.
Transfer credit will be accepted from regionally-accredited colleges and universities upon approval of the Registrar. A maximum of 65 semester hours from community/junior colleges may be applied toward degree requirements. Some course work from unaccredited colleges may be validated through credit by examination.
Transferring classes to OC
Courses taken at regionally-accredited colleges and universities will be accepted for credit at OC. These may or may not fulfill specific requirements depending on the courses taken.
Prior to taking a course at another university to fulfill a requirement, you must fill out a transfer approval form. A core curriculum course must be approved by the Registrar. A course within the major must be approved by the dean or department chair, then the Registrar. A course may not be taken at another college or university to replace a grade for any course that has been taken at OC.