NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of September 23, 2013, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a Staff Assistant for the University’s Honors Program. The position reports to the Honors Managing Director and the Honors Program Director who in turn reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs. The Staff Assistant provides leadership and support to the managing director and director to achieve the mission of the Honors Program and the University. The Staff Assistant is responsible for supporting the Director’s work to implement the program’s strategic plan in accordance with Program and University policies and procedures. This is a half-time/12-month hourly position requiring summer duties.
Oklahoma Christian University is a liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Churches of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ. Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community that transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service. Begun in 1950 as Central Christian College (with an enrollment of 97), OC has grown into a comprehensive Christian university serving more than 2,000 students. Oklahoma Christian welcomes all students who respect the university’s commitment to academic and spiritual excellence and who respect the academic and spiritual pursuits of their fellow students. Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, OC seeks to build an Honors program which exceeds the standards of the National Collegiate Honors Council and which embodies the best practices of Honors programs in the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. There are 114 full-time faculty at OC, who are doctorally prepared (72%) and teach in a 15-1 ratio undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio which is quite low. More than 70 percent of classes contain fewer than 30 students. Fourteen academic departments offer more than 60 majors and 30 additional areas of study. Graduate degrees are offered in four areas.
Oklahoma Christian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
New Student Recruiting for Honors and Honors Summer Academy:
- Support Honors through managing email contact, applications, and other details;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel abilities;
- Create and keep mailing lists for recruits;
- Send recruiting letters, program acceptance letters, and other relevant information to mailing lists and referred students;
- Set up files and spreadsheets for prospective students ;
- Call recruits on the phone to encourage to fill out Honors application, send writing sample, and set up interviews with the Director;
- Professional appearance for the university community;
- Physical ability sufficient to walk moderate distances, lift moderate loads, and stand for moderate periods of time;
- Drive to and support occasional off campus events to represent OC;
- Other tasks as directed by the Managing Director ; and
- General office duties.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Churches of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Lisa Carroll, Administrative Assistant for Honors Program at Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org