NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of May 15, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
IT Network Analyst
Opening Date for Hire: 04/21/2014
Position: The Network Analyst provides technical support for the campus data network infrastructure.
Primary Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related discipline and previous work experience in network administration is required. Well qualified candidates should have a minimum of 2 years experience with Voice or Internet Protocol (VoIP) and data network infrastructure support and configuration. This position requires a detailed understanding of network theory and practice. Candidates should have solid technical knowledge as well as interpersonal and organizational abilities. Candidate must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Installing, configuring and maintain voice, data and video equipment
- Installing and testing cabling
- Investigating and resolving trouble incidents; making necessary equipment repairs
- Resolving circuit issues or other communications connectivity issues
- Maintaining system logs and records
- Knowledge of network systems protocols, IP addressing and TCP/IP network topologies.
- Knowledge and experience with wireless network infrastructures. (802.11)
- Knowledge of network management practices and procedures.
- Previous Helpdesk/Support experience.
- Knowledge of Apple and Microsoft client operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize requests for assistance and project tasks.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins April 21, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should go online to www.oc.edu to fill out the OC employment application and submit along with a resume and cover letter to Lisa Jones, Administrative Assistant for Human Resources, at Lisa.email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.