NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of August 4, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the individual selected for this position will perform recruitment and admission activities to successfully attract quality students to attend Oklahoma Christian University.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum two years related work experience in recruitment, marketing, and/or sales preferred. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Successfully market Oklahoma Christian University to prospective students and families.
- Ability to place the needs of the Admissions team ahead of individual needs.
- Consistently exceed weekly contact and activity goals in an effort to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for applications, admitted students, and enrolled students.
- Maintain and appropriately document consistent and regular communication with prospective students and parents throughout the admissions process via email, phone call, face-to-face conversation, text message, social media, and other outlets as appropriate.
- Establish positive, lasting relationships with prospective students, parents, church leaders, alumni, and guidance counselors to promote Oklahoma Christian University in an assigned geographic territory.
- Represent Oklahoma Christian University at college fairs and major Church of Christ youth events.
- Make individual visits to churches and high schools in territory throughout the fall and spring of each year.
- Arrange and conduct individual meetings with prospective students and parents.
- Help organize group information sessions for prospective students, parents, youth ministers, and guidance counselors.
- Encourage prospective students and parents to visit campus and coordinate with campus visit staff to ensure the success of each visit.
- In cooperation with the Office of Alumni Relations, help mobilize alumni to support the university’s recruitment efforts in the area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, and impeccable integrity.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living.
Oklahoma Christian is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile - Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Frequent attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Extensive travel required year round.
Timetable: Application review begins June 30, 2014 and continues until position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, OC application form and a personal statement of faith to Human Resources Assistant Lisa Jones at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.