Administrative Assistant - Texas Office
NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of July 5, 2012, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Job Opening: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Vice President for Texas Operations
General Purpose: Serves as the Administrative Assistant for the OC-Texas office of Oklahoma Christian University, performing a wide range of administrative and support functions for student recruitment, church relations, alumni relations, and advancement.
- Advances OC’s image
- Exceptional office management skills / multi-tasks well
- People-person / friendly; superior call handling skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Pursues excellence; passionate to meet high standards / attention to detail and accuracy
- Techno-savvy; extensive computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; internet/Web applications, etc.
- Good work ethic; self-starter
- Demonstrates professional grace and positive attitude
- Sense of humor
- Team player
- Inquiring mind; embraces challenge; problem-solver
- Knowledgeable of OC
- Knowledgeable of DFW / Texas
Primary Role Description:
- Serve as the ‘voice’ of the OC-Texas office … arrange appts; accommodate requests; answer, screen, and transfer calls
- Office management; general clerical duties
- Manage records, documents, office equipment & supplies, and office budget
- Receive and direct guests
- Participate in planning sessions
- Handle mailings and correspondence
- Coordinate OC-Texas office calendar
- Process petty cash, requisitions, credit card reports, reimbursement requests, etc.
- Serve as liaison in planning and execution of key events
Work & Benefits:
- Office in Las Colinas (Irving); free access to fitness center, free parking.
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits:
- Health insurance
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Alan W. Phillips
Vice President for Texas Operations
Oklahoma Christian University
201 E. John Carpenter Fwy
Irving, Texas 75062