March 26th - March 30th
Step #1: Housing Application & Roommate Groups
Step #1 includes Two Parts: Completion of the Housing Application & Roommate Group Creation (if applicable). The submission of the housing application is required, but the creation of a roommate group is only required if you have a specific group of people you want to room with this fall. See below for specific details on how to complete each part.
Don't forget to check out our "New This Year" information below as it affects those currently living in the apartments!
Housing Application Essentials
- Submission Deadline: March 30th
- View Step-by-Step Instructions: Click Here for instructions on how to complete the application or view steps below.
- Late Submissions (IMPORTANT): All late submissions will not be able to select a room during the selection process and will be automatically assigned a room by Residence Life.
- New This Year: Almost all of our students currently living in the apartments will be able to reserve their current bed space for the fall! See if you are eligible by viewing the below information.
- Eligible: Students who currently live in the Apartments (*Phase 3, 4, 5, & 6). *With the exception of a few rooms in the apartments. See the "Not Eligible" section below to view specific list of areas in apartments that will not be available for students to reserve.
- Not Eligible: Students living in the following areas: Residence Halls, ADA apartments, Resident Life Staff apartments, or Phase 6 B rooms 101 - 104. If you fall under this list, you will simply continue to follow the "Three-Step" process to select your housing for the fall.
Part #1: Housing Application (Required)
- Visit www.oc.edu/myochome
- On the Home Page under the “Applications” banner, you will see the “ Fall Housing Application.”
- Select the blue Get Started button
- Complete and submit the housing application
- Receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming we have received and accepted your application.
Additional Instructions for Current Apartments Residents
Because you have the opportunity to select your same bed space, your selection process will be slightly different this year. Depending on your answer (Yes or No) to “Reserving Your Current Bed Space”, you can find instructions below on how to proceed. Ensure that you are reading the instructions that apply to you.
If you select Yes and Do Not create a roommate group and do not plan to create a roommate group…
- Pre-enroll in classes and your room selection process is complete.
- You do not have to select housing (Step #3), as your room has been reserved for you.
NOTE: You are only reserving your current bed space. If other spaces are open in your room and your roommates / suitemates do not choose to keep the same bed space, these open spaces will be available to other students to select.
If you select Yes and DO create a roommate group or plan to create a roommate group…
- This only reserves your current bed space, not the whole apartment. If you are wanting to form a roommate group, you will need to create a roommate group and move onto Step #2 (Pre-enroll in classes) and Step #3 (Select housing).
Example: If you are living in a two bedroom / three person apartment and two of your roommates are graduating or leaving, you cannot reserve the whole apartment, only your specific bed. If you have friends who want to move in with you, you will need to create a roommate group and the leader will select your apartment during their selection time if it is still available. If your current apartment is not available, the group leader will simply select another apartment. Because you are a part of a roommate group, whichever room is selected will be your Fall assignment, whether your current apartment or a different apartment.
- You and your roommate group will be included in the housing selection process and you will select an apartment during this time.
- If your roommate group does not match the occupancy size of the room, you will either find another room to select or leave the roommate group and stay in your current apartment.
Example: If your current roommate / suite mate decides to reserve their current bed space, there might not be enough spaces available in your apartment for your entire roommate group. If that is the case, you will have the option to view and select other available apartments.
If you select No…
- Move on to form your roommate group, if applicable. If you do not want to create a roommate group, you will move onto Step #2 (Pre-Enroll in classes) and then “Step #3 (Select Housing)
Part #2: Roommate Groups (Optional)
If you have a specific person(s) you would like to room with this fall, you MUST create a roommate group. To ensure your group lives together, roommate groups must be created before you select your housing Adjustments and edits can be made to the group throughout the selection process, but doing so will affect your selection time and room options.
Roommate Group Size Options Per Residential Area
- University House: 2, 3, or 4
- Wilson Halls: 2, 6 or 8
- Davisson: 2 or 4
- Tinius East: 2, 6, or 8
- Tinius West: 2
- Phase 3: 2 or 4
- Phase 4: 2 or 4
- Phase 5: 2, 3, or 4
- Phase 6: 2, 3, or 4
- Tealridge: 2
If You Create a Roommate Group…
Group Leader Checklist:
- Only you can favorite rooms and select the room for your entire roommate group. Your group members will not be able to select or favorite a room.
- Make sure your entire group is pre-enrolled in classes. If everyone is not enrolled, you cannot select a room.
- Make sure you are available to select a room during the selection time you are given from Residence Life. If you will not be available, get with another one of your group members and make them the leader. See “Roommate Group” instructions for details on how to change leaders.
- Your roommate group must match the apartment or room occupancy. If you are unable to match the occupancy, you may have to adjust your group. Ex. If you are in a roommate group of 4, you will not be able to view or select a room that holds only 3 students.
- Star your groups favorite rooms once selection process opens. See “Housing Selection” instructions for details.
Group Member Checklist (Not a Group Leader):
- Be confident in your group leader.
- Only your Group Leader can favorite and select rooms. Make sure your Group Leader is available to select the room at the start time your group is given. If not, you will need to change your leader!
- Everyone in the roommate group MUST be pre-enrolled in classes in order for your roommate group to be valid during housing selection. Even if one of your group members is not pre-enrolled in classes, the system will not allow anyone in the group to select a room.
- Once housing selection begins, changes can still be made to your roommate group, but it will affect your selection time and room options.