Remote Admissions Specialist - TULSA, OKLAHOMA
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, all committed in service to a common mission to "transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service." OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the University's Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God's and each other's grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ's example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God's broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a full-time Admission Counselor/Recruiter. This position reports to the Director of Admissions and is responsible for various enrollment tasks related to student marketing, recruiting, and application processing.
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- Experience working in higher education, especially in admissions, scholarship/financial aid, customer service, and related work in recruitment, is desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- A successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
- Good communications skills include writing and speaking well in various situations/venues and effectively using social media.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and valid driver's license.
- Available to live and work in the following metropolitan area: Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Successfully market Oklahoma Christian University to prospective students and families
- Determine and execute strategies for effective outreach for an assigned territory or forthcoming student
- category, including developing and initiating communication and activities to accomplish enrollment goals. Outreach includes measured benchmarks of student contact, including monthly plans for calls, texts, emails, and personal interactions.
- Explore and utilize all available means for increasing physical presence among organizations in and around the metropolitan areas and outside the state of Oklahoma.
- Serve as a resource to guide prospective students about the admissions process and help facilitate the application processes of the college.
- Lead out in representing and coordinating departmental marketing activities.
- Other related administrative duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review will continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the "The Second Mile-Serving One Another" goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.