Human Resources Benefits Specialist
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a full-time HR Benefits Specialist. This internal position is one tool we will now make available to OC employees. Although we will be soliciting outside to fill this position, Oklahoma Christian employees will receive first consideration for the position because we prefer to promote internally.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage employees, staff, and faculty across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidates must be active members of a local Church.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective planning and priority setting with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Suite applications.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director of HR on various employee benefits programs, health plans, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 403(b), and others.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in Colleague and Paycor and ensures benefits changes are entered appropriately in the payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Conduct benefits orientations and explains the benefits self-enrollment system.
- Distribute benefits enrollment materials, determine eligibility, and assist with the open enrollment process. Also, process life status changes and new-hire orientations.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from employees on plan provisions and other general inquiries. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Work under supervision in the administration of COBRA and compliance with ACA.
- Assist the Executive Director of HR in obtaining statistics and information in the renewal process of any health, life, and retirement plans that benefit the company.
- Other related administrative duties as assigned.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Internal applications received by June 20, 2022, will receive full consideration. To apply send a cover letter, resume OC application form, and a personal statement of faith to: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136 (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred).
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.