Houston Texas Admissions Representative
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, of seekers and sowers, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. The university recognizes that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the individual selected as Houston Texas Admissions Representative will perform recruitment and admissions activities to successfully attract quality students from the Houston area to attend Oklahoma Christian University.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum two years related work experience in recruitment, marketing, and/or sales strongly desired.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- A successful candidate must be an active member of a local church.
- Successfully market Oklahoma Christian University to prospective students and families living in the Houston area and the state of Texas. Help mobilize alumni to support the university’s recruitment efforts in the Houston area.
- Consistently exceed weekly contact and activity goals in an effort to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for applications, admitted students, and enrolled students.
- Maintain and appropriately document consistent and regular communication with prospective students and parents throughout the admissions process via email, phone call, face-to-face conversation, text message, social media, and other outlets as appropriate.
- Establish positive, lasting relationships with prospective students, parents, church leaders, alumni, and guidance counselors to promote Oklahoma Christian University in the Houston area and the state of Texas.
- Represent Oklahoma Christian University at college fairs and major Church of Christ youth events in the state of Texas. Make individual visits to churches and high schools in Texas throughout the fall and spring of each year.
- Organize group information sessions and events for prospective students, parents, youth ministers, and guidance counselors. Arrange and conduct individual meetings with prospective students and parents. Also, encourage prospective students and parents to visit the OC campus.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Oklahoma Christian University; the ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personalities and competing agendas. Good team player.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter; Intellectual creativity and impeccable integrity.
- Strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just earn a living.
- Position offices from their home in the Houston area.
- Work is primarily in an office environment, but the setting for prospect meetings/presentations will vary.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Frequent attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Travel throughout Houston and the state of Texas is required.
- Travel to Oklahoma Christian University as necessary for training, prospective student campus visits, and other designated recruitment activities and functions.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), 3 letters of recommendation (one letter must be from the home congregation) to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136 (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred).
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.