OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the University’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: As a member of OC’s Marketing & Creative Services Office, the Graphic Designer is responsible for dynamic digital and print marketing design to support and further the University’s brand and mission. This position reports to the Creative Director and works in a rewarding, creative team environment on many engaging design projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- Demonstrated experience in design, brand systems, and marketing collateral.
- A successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Producing world-class graphic design deliverables for print and digital mediums.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Adhering to university brand standards. Managing campus client relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to deliver projects on time.
- Creative collaboration on marketing, branding, and campaign initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Videography, marketing, advertising, photography, social media, copywriting, web development, and storytelling.
- Enthusiasm for the craft and culture of design.
- Marketing-minded self-starter.
- A strong personal drive to further design skills and technical knowledge.
- A passion for data-informed design with interest or experience in analytics.
- A kind and competitive, goal-oriented spirit
- Passion for creative problem solving and outside-the-box thinking.
- Desire to work in a team environment to serve the overall mission of the University
- Calm under pressure.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just earn a living.
- Strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University’s goals and mission.
- An attitude of service and willingness to pitch in wherever help is needed.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- May require some evening and weekend hours.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review is underway and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and copies of a high school diploma, undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious, educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the University does so to achieve its mission. Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, be actively involved in a local church, and support the Christian mission of the University.