Co-sponsored by OC Church Resources and HOPE Network
For the Greeks, kerygma was the word used for the content of a proclamation. For disciples of Jesus, kerygma is the core message of God's salvation history being fulfilled in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Rooted in 1 Corinthians 2:2-5, this conference explores various aspects of the preaching life in proclaiming the content and life of faith in Jesus Christ.
At Kerygma, you will be encouraged, challenged and equipped in thinking biblically, theologically and practically as a preacher. Sessions will focus on both the content and the craft of preaching in sharing the gospel and life.
Thanks for an excellent Kerygma event. I enjoyed being able to sit in on all the excellent content!
Lyle Hinsdale, Clearwater, Kansas
Thank you for hosting Kerygma. I absolutely loved it. The food was great. The speakers were fantastic and I enjoyed the camaraderie of fellow ministers in the trenches. I'm already ready for next year! Thanks for the kingdom work!
Jerred England, Del City, Oklahoma
- John Mark Hicks, Nashville, Tennessee: In Search of a Pattern: My Journey in Interpreting the Bible
- Wade Hodges, Dallas, Texas: The Eyes Have It—Communication Skills for Effective Preaching
- David Duncan, Houston, Texas: Passion in Preaching
- David Ayres, Rogers, Arkansas: Interpreting the Church and the Text
- Curtis King, Dallas, Texas: Life in the Sunday Night Shadows
- Steve Cloer, Fort Worth, Texas: The Gospel for the Whole Person
- Bert Reynolds: Little Rock, Arkansas: I Seriously Doubt It: Addressing and Admitting Doubts
- Lynn McMillon, Chip Kooi, Alden Bass, Grant Sullivan and Ben Williams - Panel Discussion: The Restoration Movement: Then & Now
Pre-Sessions: March 30: 9.30-11.30 AM
- How to Have Difficult Conversations about Contemporary Issues
Jon Mullican (Limited to 18 participants-registration required)
- Coaching for Your Preaching (Limited to 12 participants-registration required)
Participants will prepare a 10-minute sermon with a manuscript to present and receive immediate coaching.
All sermons from the same text. Four coaches listen to three sermons each.
March 30-31, 2020
Pre-session: Monday 9:30am to 11:30am
Conference: Monday, 1:30 PM - Tuesday, 3:30 PM
$100* person includes meals, snacks, and resources.
$25* for ministry students or those in grad school
*Additional charge for pre-sessions.