Degree Certification and NCAA Coordinator
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: The Degree Certification and NCAA Coordinator will provide comprehensive administrative support in the Registrar’s Office and Student Advocacy Center. The position reports to the Associate Registrar and will play a key role in transitioning OC to a more integrated student enrollment services model to ensure excellent service to students and other constituents while increasing the efficiency of the enrollment services area.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- A successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- The specific functions of this job are coordinating academic processes related to commencement, including commencement ceremony programs, degree clearing, graduation applications, and Senior Salute.
- The Degree Certification and NCAA Coordinator will be responsible for certifying the academic eligibility of each student-athlete in terms of the declaration of major, full-time statuses, GPA requirements, progress toward a degree, and other areas of eligibility based on academic and NCAA regulations.
- This position assists with general Registrar’s Office functions, such as answering student, faculty, and staff questions, helping students with degree plans and enrollment details, graduation eligibility, processing transcript requests, articulating incoming transcripts, and other duties as assigned.
- General office skills/knowledge, including proficient computer skills.
- Great customer service skills (with Oklahoma Christian University faculty and staff, new and current students, and parents of new and current students).
- Ability to manage confidential records and institutional data efficiently.
- Must be flexible when working on multiple projects at the same time.
- A positive, Christ-centered attitude is also required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
The application review is underway and will continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and copies of a high school diploma, undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, be actively involved in a local church, and support the Christian mission of the University.