Dallas Texas Admissions Representative
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, of seekers and sowers, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the University’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. The University recognizes that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the individual selected as Texas Admissions Representative will perform recruitment and admissions activities to successfully attract quality students from the DFW Metroplex to attend Oklahoma Christian University.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum two years related work experience in recruitment, marketing, and sales strongly desired.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- They have demonstrated commitment to diversity and communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- A successful candidate must be an active member of a local church.
- Successfully market Oklahoma Christian University to prospective students and families living in the DFW metro area and the state of Texas.
- Consistently exceed weekly contact and activity goals to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual plans for applications, admitted students and enrolled students.
- Maintain and appropriately document consistent and regular communication with prospective students and parents throughout the admissions process via email, phone call, face-to-face conversation, text message, social media, and other outlets as appropriate.
- Establish positive, lasting relationships with prospective students, parents, church leaders, alumni, and guidance counselors to promote Oklahoma Christian University in the DFW metro area and the state of Texas.
- Represent Oklahoma Christian University at college fairs and significant Church of Christ youth events in Texas.
- Organize group information sessions and events for prospective students, parents, youth ministers, and guidance counselors. In addition, make individual visits to churches and high schools in Texas throughout the fall and spring of each year.
- Encourage prospective students and parents to visit campus and coordinate with campus visit staff to ensure the success of each visit.
- In cooperation with the North Texas Alumni Association, help mobilize alumni to support the University’s recruitment efforts in the area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision; self-motivated and a self-starter. Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, and impeccable integrity.
- Strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University’s goals and mission.
- The ability and automatic response to the University’s interest.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Good team player.
- Position offices from their home in the DFW Metroplex.
- Work is primarily in an office environment, but the setting for prospect meetings/presentations will vary.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Frequent attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Travel throughout DFW and the state of Texas is required.
- Travel to Oklahoma Christian University as necessary for training, prospective student campus visits, and other designated recruitment activities and functions.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, OC application form, and undergraduate/graduate transcripts to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious, educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.