Student Financial Counselor
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a skilled leader for the position of Student Account Counselor. The Student Account Counselor will oversee all student customer service inquiries, student billing and student refunds. The position reports directly to the Director of Student Financial Services.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church
- Counseling prospective and current students regarding the financial aid and scholarship process
- Tracking and verification of student files
- Monitoring account balances and collecting student accounts receivable
- Maintaining compliance with government and university policies
- Packaging of new and returning student award letters
- Processing student loans
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with students
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with students, parents, high school counselors, fellow employees, college administrators, and other constituents of the University
- Must have strong organizational skills, be detailed oriented and possess time management skills
- Strong computer experience. Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office, such as Excel, and a working knowledge of financial reporting tools
- Other duties as required
Employee competencies will be measured by:
- Accounts Receivable (AR) monthly goals
- Awarding of new and returning students’ financial aid
- Customer satisfaction
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional Saturdays and overtime. In addition, there is no vacation allowed the last two weeks of August and the first two weeks of September
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review is underway and will continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and copies of high school diploma, undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.