OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a full-time Student Advocate Counselor. This position reports to the Executive Director of the Student Advocacy Center at Support Central. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for processing and maintaining student records, and working with students to problem solve.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
- Good communications skills, including ability write and speak well in a variety of situations/venues and to effectively use of social media.
- Determine and execute strategies that provide efficient, professional and accurate information in a manner which fosters/supports respect for all members of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of all forms received from students, faculty or staff; document support requests and resolutions.
- Serve as a resource to guide prospective student workers through the support central process and provide confidential and informal assistance to students as well as train and supervise student workers.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with College’s departments and help facilitate students’ access to College and/or community services and other necessary resources.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Other related administrative duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, and a personal statement of faith to: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136 (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred).
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile- Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.