Student Account Counselor
Student Account Counselor
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, of seekers and sowers, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. The university recognizes that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a skilled leader for the position of Student Account Counselor. The Student Account Counselor will oversee all student customer service inquiries, student billing and student refunds.The position reports directly tothe Assistant Director of Billing and Accounts.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church
- · Establish and maintain a documented system for calculating the account balance
- Monitor student account balance to ensure workable payment options are in place
- Build student rapport and maintain relationships with families in order to determine payment needs
- Protect assets by monitoring delinquent student accounts 90 –days and older
- Oversee accounts payable function to ensure that student refunds are paid accurately and timely
- Work with Financial Aid to ensure the University is in compliance with all loan covenants and federal financial requirements
- Other duties as required
- Strong computer experience. Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office, such as Excel, and a working knowledge of financial reporting tools
- Must have strong organizational skills, be detailed oriented and possess time management skills
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional Saturdays and some overtime.In addition, there is no vacation allowed the last two weeks of August and the first two weeks of September
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review will continue until position is filled.
To apply send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), 3 letters of recommendation (one letter must be from home congregation) to Human Resources at: email@example.com P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136 (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred).
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.