Spiritual Life/Ethos Assistant
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for Spiritual Life Ethos Assistant. The successful applicant will provide administrative support and some ministerial assistance to the Spiritual Life office.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Active engagement in a life of Christian faith and service which includes membership in a local congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills.
- Data input/management of the Ethos application.
- Coordinate events with The Welcome Center as needed.
- Organize and maintain an approval committee for Ethos event proposals.
- Correspond with faculty/staff/student small group/discipleship leaders.
- Help in developing and maintaining a Bible study curriculum library.
- Lead at least one Bible study per semester for OC students.
- Assist in training meetings for student ministry leaders.
- Budget management and monthly credit card reconciliation.
- Manage Spiritual Life’s social media presence.
- Reply to student visits, letters and emails regarding employment reductions and any other questions regarding compliance and expectations with the Ethos Project.
- Administrative support of the daily functioning of the Spiritual Life offices by anticipating and assisting with administrative tasks.
- Occasional one-on-one ministry meet-ups with students in need.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment and organizational structures and priorities.
- Strong sense of initiative to anticipate needs and deliver through consistently wise decisions while not always being closely supervised.
- Technical savvy, able to work with IT department to manage basic Ethos application tasks.
- Administrative support for behind the scenes portions of the Ethos Project.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend Ethos or Spiritual Life events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review continues until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, and a brief personal statement of faith, to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred. As candidates advance through the screening process additional may be requested.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. As this position is engaged directly in the spiritual life of students, applicants are required to be active members of the Church of Christ
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.