Social Media and Content Manager
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
As part of OC’s Creative Services team, the Social Media and Content Manager is a data-driven storyteller who plans and develops content and strategy for the University’s audience-facing channels including social media, blogs, website and inbound marketing. A self-starter skilled in time management, this person works in performance analytics, digital strategy, copywriting and editing, website updates and long form writing.
The content manager works on a highly collaborative, supportive creative team, with opportunities for a variety of growth experiences such as assisting on shoots and interviews, and other responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience marketing, advertising or public relations preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Must be an active member of a local church and committed to emulating Christ.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Produce engaging copy to market the university across various platforms including print and digital.
- Copy editing for all communications and university marketing materials.
- Social media and Google analytics.
- Social media content curation, scheduling and management
- Experience with Instagram & Stories, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and management platforms like Sprout Social and/or Hootsuite.
- Video script writing.
- Management of social media ambassadors, interns and content contributors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Management of university brand voice.
- Experience in public relations and/or crisis communication preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to deliver projects on time and respond to current events and timely stories.
- Emotional intelligence for navigating complex situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Marketing and advertising, SEO, public relations, videography, design, web development
Attitudes and Character:
- Self starter, comfortable with setting forth an agenda and goals for the role.
- Compelling storyteller
- Enthusiasm for communications and a personal drive to further your skills.
- Enthusiasm to collaborate creatively on marketing and branding initiatives.
- A kind and competitive, goal-oriented spirit.
- Passion for creative problem solving and outside the box thinking.
- Desire to work in a team environment with the goal of serving the overall mission of the university
- Calm under pressure.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference; not just earn a living.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University’s goals and mission.
- An attitude of service and willingness to pitch in wherever help is needed.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events may be required
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks
- Standard university benefits package including generous vacation
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, links to social media accounts, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. Such consideration includes preference for qualified candidates who are members of the Church of Christ.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University and its unique, identifying relationship with the Church of Christ. Adherence to the OC Covenant and signed assent to the OC Statement of Commitment are required of all employees.