OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a skilled leader for the position of Resident Director. The Resident Director will work to foster student success, train, development, supervise, and evaluate Resident Assistants. The Resident Director will work to create an environment that promotes and enhances the opportunity for student learning.
- Some college credit and active work toward bachelor’s degree required, completed bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Student development, residence life, and/or student activities experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidate must be an active member of the church of Christ.
- In all things, be a living example of Christ to the OC community. Understand the role of live-in professionals in fostering residential community development, student success, and supporting the greater OC mission.
- Work in conjunction with staff and residents to ensure communities are well-maintained and safe environments, including developing positive working relationship with staff members.
- Inspect buildings and surrounding grounds on a regular basis to identify facility concerns and take appropriate steps to ensure concerns are corrected. Document and report all damage charges within assigned area.
- Oversee and train student employees including resident assistants (RA) and assistant directors (AD) and resident life receptionists.
- Foster residential communities that are academically focused through upholding policies that protect academic interests and encouraging curricular and co-curricular involvement.
- Work one week per year that is considered a campus break, staying near campus and responding to needs of on-campus students and administrators. Serve 2-4 weeks each semester as the Resident Life 24-hour on-call attendant, monitoring and responding promptly to campus issues and emergencies after hours.
- Partner and help lead the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring processes of RAs, ADs, and receptionist staff. Assist the Residence Life Housing Coordinator as needed in the placement of students into housing assignments. Perform additional duties as assigned by Director of Residence Life.
- Cultivate an innovative interactive community by maintaining significant visibility and purposeful daily interactions with students in the community and around campus.
- Must be punctual and detailed oriented.
- Ability to use computer related programs and other technologies needed to perform essential job functions.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, pending a final funding determination. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, and a personal statement of faith to: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136 (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred).
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile- Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.