OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: OC police officers will report to the Chief of Police. Responsible for campus community policing/high visibility patrolling in order to secure a safe environment for students, faculty, staff and guests of the university.
- High School Diploma or GED required. CLEET certification required.
- Must pass a comprehensive criminal background check with no felony convictions.
- Must have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly principled ethics and moral character.
- Must be team player with understanding of institutional interests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Officers are responsible for enforcing the laws of the State of Oklahoma and the rules and regulations of the University.
- Conduct preliminary investigations, prepare reports, and respond to emergencies.
- Monitoring the activities of suspicious intruders. Detain and arrest individuals suspected of criminal activity. Patrol the grounds of the school.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays is required; 40- hour workweek, shifts may vary.
- Work with appropriate safety related gear including a bulletproof vest, firearms, handcuffs, etc. is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Active engagement in a life of Christian faith and service, which includes membership in a local church.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Uniforms and equipment provided
Application review is underway and will continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and copies of high school diploma, undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.