OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is looking for marketing specialists to join dynamic project teams in the OC Marketing Office. Your team will share the great benefits of a college that not only offers a respected degree but invests heavily in the spiritual formation and character development of students. Your role is to create dynamic content, write compelling stories of OC students, faculty, and alumni, generate content to support the university's recruitment goals, and more. This is an entry-level position with an opportunity for growth within either the Marketing Department or Admissions Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business, communications, or public relations.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Strong time management skills are needed to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop storylines and bring OC to life for those not on our campus daily.
- Ability to master tools such as Capture, Slate, Google suite, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- The successful candidates must be an active members of a local church.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Learn to develop strategy and direction of recruitment working groups by creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns including email, storytelling, and content marketing.
- Strategically select tradeshows and other events, plan, book space, select booth materials, and coordinate shipments to support your project team.
- Learn the OC brand voice to effectively create content for the website and blog posts to maximize SEO.
- Write press releases, magazine articles, blog posts, recruitment emails, and brochures.
- Assist other content marketers with editing and proofreading.
- Deliver consistent and intentional internal and external communications.
- Organize marketing activities and materials including advertisements, email workflows, digital engagement, etc.
- Analyze, interpret and apply data to refine performance.
- Consistently monitor email campaign analytics, interpret data, and be ready to adapt messaging in response to needs indicated by customer behavior.
- Generate monthly lead reports and progress toward goals.
- Maintain promotional material inventory and make orders when needed.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard university benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other employee benefits
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, send a cover letter, OC application form, personal statement of faith, to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred. Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.