Maintenance Technician for Facility Services
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a full-time Maintenance Technician for the Physical Plant. This position will report to the Physical Plant Building Maintenance Manager.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years plus experience OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Retirees are encouraged to apply
- Maintenance Technicians are expected to be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools and comply with all OSHA and company safety policies at all times
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work flow
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills required
- Work well under pressure
- Computer literate
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Possess a current and valid Driver's license
The Technician will diagnose problems and make repairs in the following areas:
- Electrical systems (Minor)
- HVAC (Minor)
- Supervision of Student Labor Campus events setups
- Lifting (approximately 75 lbs.)
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Bending or stooping
- Extending periods of walking
- Regular exposure to weather conditions
- Operating a motor vehicle
- Operating power and hand tools
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, and a personal statement of faith to: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136 (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred).
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile- Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.