Posted: July 20, 2021
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: The IT Programmer provides technical and software support for users of the Colleague administrative information system as well as integrations with web applications and reporting. This position reports to the Director of IT Software Solutions Supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and previous work experience in a technology-related field is preferred.
- Candidates should have solid technical knowledge as well as interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Integrate web delivery with back-end databases
- Analyze and adjust business processes to increase efficiency
- Document support requests and resolutions
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience with integrated database systems
- Understanding of business process issues
- Ability to use database query language
- Experience in a UNIX environment a plus
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize requests for assistance and project tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving acumen
- Strong desire and ability to complete an assigned project
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard university benefits package: Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other employee benefits
Timetable: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, send a cover letter, OC application form, personal statement of faith, to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.