OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We recognize that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Consonant with the mission of the North Institute for Teaching and Learning, the Instructional Designer will provide instructional and program design expertise for the development and support of traditional, blended, and online courses. This position reports to the Dean of the Library and Instructional Support.
- Master's degree in related field
- Minimum of three years’ experience with teaching online, hybrid, and face-to-face
- Must be able to work well with a team and collaborate with other departments
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have advanced and diverse computer skills
- Instructional design experience
- Experience with a Learning Management Systems and related tools
- Experience with graphic and multimedia authoring software
- Informed on accessibility standards, universal design, and culturally competent instruction
- Active engagement in a life of Christian faith and service which includes membership in a local church
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
Typical Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited the following:
- Develop and institute logistical, instructional, and pedagogical policies for the creation and delivery of course content.
- Coordinate instructional design projects to ensure timely completion and delivery.
- Collaborate with faculty on instructional design issues, create instructional tools, and manage online course development.
- Consult with faculty on optimal design of course content and effective uses of multimedia.
- Manage course projects from inception to completion.
- Design and supervise production of learning resources in a variety of formats including graphics, audio, video, and animation technologies.
- Provide design and production assistance to faculty in the development of online delivery methods.
- As technology and software development products advance, explore and make recommendations for multimedia software for use by faculty.
- Provide professional and technical support and training to faculty and students.
- Maintain current competencies and familiarity with research related to best-practices in instructional design, adult education, and emerging technology, and share such knowledge with faculty and others across OC to provide appropriately grounded information on engaging, instructional strategies.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Working knowledge of Google Apps, including Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Youtube, etc.
- Experience and/or Certification in online teaching
- Wide ranging content knowledge in many different academic disciplines
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with degree level
- Competitive benefits plan featuring, health insurance, retirement match and tuition discount for employee and family
Timetable and Application Instructions:
Application review begins October 15 and continues until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, Resume/CV, OC employment application form, personal statement of faith, and copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred. As candidates advance through the screening process additional materials, such as letters of recommendation (including one from a home congregation) and a statement of commitment to diversity may be requested.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted byl aw to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.