Graphic Designer, Photographer
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We recognize that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: The Marketing Graphic Designer & Photographer is responsible for photography, print and design projects to support and further the university’s brand. The position reports to the Creative Director in the University Marketing and Communications Office.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, or related field a plus.
- Dual career emphasis in photography desired.
- Active engagement in a life of Christian faith and service which includes membership in a local church.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Producing world class graphic design deliverables for print and digital mediums.
- Ensuring deliverables across mediums adhere to University branding standards.
- Delivering projects on time.
- Managing campus client relationships including meeting clients to clarify project requirements.
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communications team on marketing, branding, and campaign initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to deliver projects on time.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Videography, social media, writing, web development and/or storytelling.
Attitude and Character:
- Calm under pressure.
- A kind and competitive spirit for the craft and culture of design.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference; not just earn a living.
- Passion for creative problem solving and outside the box thinking.
- The ability to and instinctive response to put the university’s interests ahead of personal interest.
- An attitude of service and willingness to pitch in wherever helps is needed.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University’s goals and mission.
- Study and coordinate design briefs and determine requirements.
- A strong personal drive to further design skills.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This position may require occasional attendance at events outside of standard office hours.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard university benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable and Application Instructions: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, links to social media accounts and a personal statement of faith to: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136 (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred).
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.