Position: The individual selected as Graphic Designer is responsible for print and design projects to support and further the university’s brand. The position reports to the Director of Creative Services in the University Marketing and Communications Office.
Culture and Mission
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, of seekers and sowers, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from holy scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. The university recognizes that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, or related field a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Must be an active member of a local church.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Producing quality graphic design deliverables for print and digital.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Adhering to university brand standards.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to deliver projects on time.
- Managing campus client and vendor relationships.
- Team collaboration on marketing, branding, and campaign initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Photography, videography, social media, writing, web development and/or storytelling.
Attitudes and Character:
- A spirit of enthusiasm and cheerfulness.
- The ability and instinctive response to put the university's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm under pressure.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference; not just earn a living.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University’s goals and mission.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This position may require occasional social media posting, photography, and attendance at events outside of standard office hours.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard university benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, links to social media accounts, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. Such consideration includes preference for qualified candidates who are members of the Church of Christ.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University and its unique, identifying relationship with the Church of Christ. Adherence to the OC Covenant and signed assent to the OC Statement of Commitment are required of all employees.