Graduate Recruiting Specialist
Graduate Recruiting Specialist
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, of seekers and sowers, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. The university recognizes that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: The Graduate Recruiting Specialist reports to the Director of Graduate Recruiting and Advanced Degree Services, and is responsible for a variety of enrollment tasks related to the marketing, recruiting and application processing of graduate students.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church
- Develop and have expert knowledge in all of Oklahoma Christian University’s graduate degree programs
- Establish and maintain contact with prospective graduate students
- Explore and utilize all available means for increasing physical presence among organizations in and around the Oklahoma City, OK metropolitan area, as well as outside the state of Oklahoma
- Collaborate with GRADS Director to implement applicable metrics and expectations during the recruitment cycle and to facilitate progress
- Lead out in representing and coordinating departmental marketing activities
- Participate in and attend all pertinent events to include career fairs, graduate fairs, professional organization events, church and religious organizational programs, and local, state, and federal agency open houses, and Chambers of Commerce meetings and special events
- Skill in using automation for recruitment purposes
- Ability to plan and organize workload in order to attain established goals
- Skill in both written and verbal communication in a clear and understandable manner
- Other administrative related duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review will continue until the position is filled.
To apply send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), 3 letters of recommendation (one letter must be from home congregation) to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136 (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred).
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.