Graduate Admissions Counselor
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is currently seeking a Graduate Admissions Counselor who will be responsible for assisting with graduate admissions, recruitment, and marketing; meeting and corresponding with prospective and admitted students; attending events to recruit new students for programs; compiling and reviewing applications for submission to departments for decision, and communicating with faculty to manage an incoming class of graduate students.
- A Bachelor's degree and demonstrated successful work experience in recruitment, marketing, and/or sales is required.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary information source and contact for prospective graduate students providing a high level of personalized service to inquiries and applicants; educates prospective graduate students about admission policies and procedures.
- Serves as a representative of the university by making presentations on and off-campus at a variety of functions, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Assists in the development of process workflow to determine best practice for maximum productivity in the area of graduate admissions processing; utilizes reports and technology to evaluate and create ways to maximize productivity.
- Monitors graduate admissions communication (social media, website, email, letters, etc.), provides input into the development of graduate admissions materials; works with Enrollment Operations and Marketing to ensure accurate communication with prospective and admitted students.
- Maintain professional office hours during the day, and when appropriate, evenings and weekends to maximize personal communication with students, parents, and counselors.
- Coordinates communication between faculty/administrators of graduate programs and prospective students to provide information about academic programs, admissions requirements, and deadlines, application status, etc.
- Communicate with Registrar Student Affairs, Student Financial Services, and other departments on behalf of prospective and admitted students.
- Participate in short-range departmental planning by offering recommendations for departmental functions and goals.
- Anticipate and investigate competitive products and services and make recommendations to distinguish OC from the competitive marketplace.
- Carries out day-to-day assignments that affect university enrollment goals.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard university benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other employee benefits
Timetable: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, send a cover letter, OC application form, personal statement of faith, to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.