Posted: 8 /11/21
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: The Diversity Services Coordinator is to provide support, enrichment, and stability for students on our campus, while developing an environment conducive for students from underrepresented populations to be successful at Oklahoma Christian.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
- Candidates should have solid problem-solving and customer service skills as well as interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Be the example of a Christ-centered professional and to actively seek opportunities to encourage the development of student’s spirituality.
- Serve as a resource to students as they navigate their way through college.
- Help to develop, facilitate and promote campus multicultural programs and events.
- Explore grant-writing opportunities for the Center for Diversity.
- Participate in the facilitation and assist in the retention of domestic minority students.
- Communicate with various offices, such as housing, financial services, and registrars, about situations to advocate for students and to seek to help the student find positive outcomes – as assigned.
- Assist in the exploration of trends, rationale, and issues with the inability of the institution to retain minority students.
- Serve as a liaison for diverse student organizations, such as BSU, LASSO, DEI StuCo, etc.
- Participate in on campus activities and support programs across campus, which will be an encouragement to all our students, staff, and faculty.
- Assist in recruiting efforts, as assigned by the Center for Diversity.
- To be present in student’s lives outside of office hours.
- Actively seek creative ways to foster meaningful relationships with students.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review is underway and will continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and copies of your undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.