Director of Admissions
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Reporting to the Chief Officer over Admissions, the individual selected as Director of Admissions leads the sales team to attract quality students to attend Oklahoma Christian University. The Director is responsible for new student enrollment goals.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years related work experience in management, sales, recruitment, and/or marketing strongly desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
Sales staff leader:
- Travels extensively on the university’s behalf and maintains a geographic territory.
- Leads, mentors, and manages admissions counselors and university representatives.
- Coordinates monthly and yearly new student enrollment goals.
- Provides team travel management, incentive, and training management.
- Makes data-driven decisions.
- Reports goal progress to Vice President for Admissions and Marketing.
VIP student coordinator:
- Develops and maintains a VIP list of sophomores, juniors, seniors, and transfer students.
- Provides contact beyond counselor contact to VIP’s.
- Coordinates campus contact to VIP’s.
Campus engagement coordinator:
- Engages broader campus in recruiting efforts.
- Cooperates with faculty, staff, administration, and alumni to emphasize recruiting on and off-campus.
Admissions office budget manager:
- Manages the daily budget of the Admissions Office.
- Participates in trend studies to ensure the office is appropriately resourced.
- Analyzes current budget for savings opportunities.
NCAA admissions representative:
- Oversees processing admissions recommendations for and admittance of student-athletes under NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assures student-athletes have been admitted as regularly enrolled, degree-seeking students in accordance with regular, published entrance requirements.
- Assures that any special exceptions to normal entrance requirements are set forth in an official document and administered in accordance with the requirements.
- Certifies if admission was granted based on any special exceptions to normal entrance requirements.
- Coordinates staff to meet with all prospective student-athletes and transfer student-athletes who make official visits as per Compliance Office approval, and unofficial visits upon coach request.
- Assures that appeals of admissions’ decisions are decided on the same criteria for athletes and non-athletes.
- Reports any knowledge of rules violations.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, and impeccable integrity.
- Strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Team Player, and a genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard university benefits package.
- Health insurance premium support.
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution.
- Tuition discount and other employee benefits.
Timetable: Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, send a cover letter, OC application form, personal statement of faith, to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.