Chief Enrollment Management Officer
Posted: June 29, 2021
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a Chief Enrollment Management Officer to begin in the summer of 2021. A new position within the university’s administrative structure, the Chief Enrollment Management Officer will serve as the primary point of contact regarding admissions and enrollment. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Enrollment Officer will oversee continued development and operation of the admissions and marketing teams.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the overall higher education recruiting function.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Requires 8+ years of managerial experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload with sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Active engagement in a life of Christian faith and service which includes membership in a local church.
This position provides leadership for a fast-paced and dynamic unit that provides the mechanism to recruit students to OC. This position supports the enrollment management goals of the university and provides guidance in developing recruitment materials, strategy, and outreach activities to meet the established goals. This individual provides leadership in developing enrollment goals based on strategic analysis of market research, program-specific and institutional capacity, and resources. This position represents the campus in public venues by providing presentations and hosting events for prospective students, families, and other key partners. Travel to various recruiting locations is required of this position. This position oversees the budget and supervision of admissions and marketing activities.
- Provide strategic leadership in advancing OC’s recruitment and enrollment goals in accordance with the mission, vision and core values of the University.
- Identify target audiences to develop and execute enrollment management plans and tactics to attract appropriate students.
- Represent the University at key recruiting events such as meeting with prospective students and families, high school visits, college fairs, college nights, and other recruitment and outreach programs.
- Collaborate to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies in order to build awareness of the campus and its academic programs at the local, regional, and national level.
- Develop and implement communication strategies, ensuring all prospective students are kept engaged and informed throughout the admissions process. Ensure the development of high impact print, digital and social-media based recruitment, enrollment and marketing activities
- Responsible for the oversight of website updates and notifications as they relate to recruitment activities.
- Manage the CRM and the utilization of other technology platforms in support of recruitment.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state admissions regulations relating to recruitment and admissions. Achieve annual enrollment goals for the institution.
- Conduct appropriate outcomes-driven assessment efforts and provide reports on strategy effectiveness
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard university benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other employee benefits
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by July 18, 2021 are assured full consideration. To apply, send a cover letter, OC application form, personal statement of faith, to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.