Campus Visit Coordinator
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is currently seeking a Campus Visit Coordinator who will be responsible for planning and executing campus visit programs for prospective students and their families by serving as the point of contact for visitors before, during, and after personalized campus visits.
Responsibilities include building personalized visit agendas that both fulfill visitors’ needs and comprehensively represent the OC undergraduate experience. This position will also troubleshoot and resolve visit scheduling problems, and provide customer service to visiting families and University staff.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- A successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
- Good communications skills are necessary to work effectively with students and their parents
- Responsible for communicating pre and post-visit with all Admissions Office prospective student family visitors
- Email, phone, and web inquiries
- Data entry when updated information is received
- Schedule all campus appointments including faculty and Student Financial Services meetings.
- Work closely with Communications and Event Coordinator to schedule Student Guide campus and residence life walks
- Warmly greet and engage families upon their arrival
- Cooperate with and support admissions counselors during the campus visit process
- Cooperate with faculty, staff, and alumni to emphasize recruiting on and off-campus.
- Gather giveaways and literature for families
- Facilitate reserved parking spaces for families
- Serve as a counselor when all other counselors are booked
- Task student workers as related to campus visit prep functions
- Assist in group visit programs (Campus Connect, Spring Visit and Take Flight)
- Assist in the registration process and printing of materials
- Experience working in higher education, especially in admissions, scholarship/financial aid, and/or customer service and related work in recruitment is desired.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard university benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other employee benefits
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.