Campus Bookstore Manager
OC Mission and Purpose:
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a Campus Bookstore Manager. The Store Operations team works directly with store managers to integrate the Slingshot culture within our campus partners. While we are a “third party” entity, our goal is to engage the campus from within. Each team member has a defined role, but collaboration is an integral part of who we are. We often partner with another team member or campus representative to create unique solutions. We are looking for team members who desire to engage the campus community while furthering the culture and values of both Slingshot and the institution.
- Providing direction to the store team and performing the duties of a store manager in their absence
- Understanding the unique specifics of the institution, without compromising our core values of character, relationship, and innovation.
- 2 years of experience in retail or customer service preferred
Every team member is responsible for:
- Creating a welcoming environment by welcoming every customer and assistance.
- Maintaining store stock and appearance through creative displays and merchandising.
- Supporting sales in a way that builds rapport with customers.
- Flexibility and adaptability in scheduling and function to serve the campus well.
As a member of the management team, you will be responsible for:
- Setting a positive tone and being an example of service, hard work, and creative problem-solving
- The Campus Store includes textbooks, gifts, and merchandise sales. You will be asked to oversee all of these areas
- Ability to lift 70 pounds, and carry heavy loads up and down stairways
- Ability to carry, shelve, bend and stretch in the performance of bookstore operations as well as stand for long periods of time
- Ability to communication effectively and respectfully with students, faculty, staff, and general customers
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and general internet usage
- The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general duties and responsibilities of a Team Member. It may not contain a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for this position.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Full-Time position Retail Operations, Slingshot (third-party)
Application review is underway and will continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.