Bilingual Spanish Admissions Counselor
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a full-time Admission & Enrollment Counselor. This position reports to the Dean of New College and is responsible for a variety of enrollment tasks related to the marketing, recruiting, application processing, and enrollment of students for New College programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- Experience working in higher education, especially in admissions, scholarship/financial aid, and/or customer service and related work in recruitment is desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
- Good communications skills, including ability to write and speak well in a variety of situations/venues and to effectively use social media.
- Bilingual-Spanish must be able to interpret effectively for Spanish-speaking parents and students. Bilingual-Spanish is required to speak, read, and write Spanish.
- Successfully market New College programs to prospective students
- Determine and execute strategies for effective outreach for an assigned market or prospective student category, including development and initiation of communication and activities to accomplish enrollment goals. Outreach includes measured benchmarks of student contact including monthly goals for calls, texts, emails and personal interactions.
- Explore and utilize all available means for increasing physical presence among organizations in and around the Oklahoma City, OK metropolitan area and surrounding communities that may connect New College to market partners and prospective students.
- Serve as a resource to guide prospective students about the admissions process and help facilitate the application processes of the college.
- Lead in representing and coordinating departmental marketing activities.
- Guide students through financial aid application processes.
- Intake transfer credits and coordinate academic advising with New College faculty.
- Enroll incoming students in courses.
- Other related administrative duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and rank commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable and Application Instructions: Application review continues until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, copies of undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time): email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.)
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Though all applicants who are actively engaged in a life of Christian faith and service will be considered, preference will be given to candidates who are active members of the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local congregation, and to support the Christian mission of the University.