Posted: 8 /9/21
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personalstandards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: The Articulation Coordinator provides comprehensive administration support in the Office of the Registrar. The position works with the Registrar’s Office and Student Advocacy Center to enhance academic quality and business performance. The position reports directly to the Associate Registrar.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
- Candidates should have solid problem-solving and customer service skills as well as interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Specifically, the main functions of this job are evaluating and inputting transfer course equivalencies for concurrent work for new first-time college students; transfer work for traditional undergraduate and New College transfer students; and transfer work for current OC students who transfer in additional hours from other institutions.
- This position will also evaluate, determine and input equivalencies for prior learning credits in the areas of AP, CLEP, and International Baccalaureate hours.
- Build out and implement TES: Transfer Evaluation System for OC to assist students understanding transfer course equivalencies and requirements.
- Utilize the university enrollment database system (Colleague) to enter transfer courses to Oklahoma Christian University official transcripts, make substitutions and overrides on degree audits, and add new classes, programs, and degree plans.
- General office skills/knowledge, including proficient computer skills.
- Great customer service skills (with Oklahoma Christian University faculty and staff, new and current students, and parents of new and current students).
- Ability to manage confidential records and institutional data efficiently.
- Must be flexible when working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Manage and process incoming documents for new first-time college students; transfer work for traditional undergraduate and New College transfer students from other institutions.
- Must have strong organizational skills, be detailed oriented and possess time management skills.
- A positive, Christ-centered attitude is also required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review is underway and will continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and copies of your undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.