Application Processing and International Records Specialist
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. We encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a skilled leader for the position of Application Processing and International Records Specialist. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Student Advocacy Center, the Application Processing and International Records Specialist assists in the management of admissions records.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
- Process applications for all undergraduate, graduate and international students.
- Maintain CORE data (name changes, address updates, relationships, etc.) for all applicants and parents.
- Manage application cancels and deferments, keeping multiple data systems up-to-date.
- Field prospective student calls related to application status or submission questions.
- Maintain positive relationship with Registrar’s Office for records accountability and management.
- Process immigrations documents as needed.
- Assist with additional Admissions and International Records responsibilities and functions as needed.
- Strong computer literacy
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in a technology dependent environment
- Excellent listening and communications skills
- Self-motivated, highly analytical, organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins July 1,2021 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply send a cover letter, resume, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and copies of high school diploma, undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile—Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.