Admissions Enrollment Coordinator - Engineering
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. The university recognizes that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a skilled and committed professional to serve as administrative coordinator of admission and enrollment functions within the Graduate School of Engineering and Computer Science. Reporting to the director of the GSECS, the coordinator will work closely with recruiters, departmental faculty and the university registrar to facilitate effective and efficient processes for admission and enrollment of students into GSECS programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Must be culturally competent and emotionally intelligent with a demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate with and positively engage students, colleagues and external constituents across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Competent with current communication and data management technology and ability to adapt to constantly changing tools. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products essential.
- Use of online data base management systems.
- Successful experience in general office administrative functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Successful candidate must exhibit a positive, Christ-centered attitude and be an active member of a local Church.
- Processing of applications and acceptance letters.
- Transcript review and evaluation.
- Advising and enrollment of students.
- Communication with students regarding all aspects of the admission and enrollment processes from initial contact through degree completion.
- One-on-one student support.
- Records and data base management.
- General administrative support for graduate programs in the Graduate School of Engineering & Computer Science.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend events may be required.
- FLSA Classified as non-exempt.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled. Applications received by January 5, 2022 will be guaranteed full consideration. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile- Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.