Administrative Coordinator in Advancement
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. The university recognizes that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a skilled and committed professional to serve as administrative assistant to the Chief Advancement Officer and to coordinate and support activities of the Advancement and Alumni Relations team. The position reports directly to the Chief Advancement Officer.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Competent with current communication and data management technology and the ability to adapt to constantly changing tools.
- Successful experience in general office administrative functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage colleagues and external constituents across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- The successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
- Perform general administrative assistant duties to include answering the telephone, greeting and directing office visitors appropriately, sorting and distributing mail.
- Coordinate meetings and appointments for the Chief Advancement Officer and other Advancement team members.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of donor records.
- Manage internal communications to include preparation of meeting agendas and minutes.
- Manage communication of advancement team with adherence to strict standards of confidentiality where appropriate.
- Budget management and credit card reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition.
- Experience in alumni relations and/or advancement a plus.
- Work Conditions:
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend events may be required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Application review begins March 5 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious, educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile- Serving One Another” the goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University.