Administrative Assistant, School of Nursing
OC Mission and Purpose: Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, of seekers and sowers, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” OC is committed to hiring employees who are actively engaged in a life of Christian discipleship as we strive to create an employment culture that encourages faculty and staff to lean into the university’s Christian mission with an emphasis on authenticity and unity, not uniformity. Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from Holy Scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. The university recognizes that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a skilled leader for the position of Administrative Assistant for the College of Professional Studies and the Division of Natural & Health Sciences. The Administrative Assistant will be a central part of the administrative team for the CNHS. The position reports directly to the Dean of the College of Professional Studies and the Division of Natural and Health Sciences.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Successful candidate must be an active member of a local Church.
- Perform general administrative assistant duties to include answering telephone, greeting and directing office visitors appropriately, sort and distribute mail.
- Maintain strong communication between Dean of College Professional Studies, faculty, staff, and students.
- Coordinate meetings and appointments for the Dean of the College of Professional Studies.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Assists in the maintenance of databases by collecting and recording student enrollment, course progression, graduation and other data for inclusion in annual surveys and reports.
- Maintain general correspondence, minutes and agendas, forms, charts for faculty and the Division of Natural Health and Science administration, as directed.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have strong organizational skills, be detailed oriented and possess time management skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong computer experience. Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office, such as Excel, and a working knowledge of financial reporting tools.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend events may be required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review will continue until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ.
The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile- Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.